Basketball, music, sports, politics, movies Rumbling's of Wahday: Nelly Furtado- Loose

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Nelly Furtado- Loose

I got my hands on the European version of Nelly's new album and it has two bonus tracks. Before I start talking about the good, I will get the bad out of the way. I loved Nelly's first 2 albums, and this album sounds like the record company said give us a hit or we will drop you. It sounds like she is going after Gwen Stefani's audience. Not a bad thing, but to me it's not Nelly. I really dug what she dig with Folklore and on first listen this album is quite a shocker because it is so Radio friendly.

Now the Good. The Album BUMPS. The bass is so heavy you feel it in your chest. Most of the album is produced my Timberland and it shows. The first track Afraid is a standout track with a wonderful synth line, ManEater is crazy. Nelly is rapping and singing. The first time I heard it I didn't know what to think but it has grown on me. Everyone has heard Promiscuous so I won't say anything. there is a dish of some Portugese on here which really is catchy. Showtime is a great ballad that shows her song writing capability. The 2 stand out track are Do it which sounds like late 80's Madonna and Timbo really outdid himself on the production side, and all good things a bittersweet song about how the best things in life come to an end. The two bonus tracks are interesting. Let My Hair Down sounds like she was just being silly, but there is an awesome beat and bassline in the song and Somebody to love is a nice fun typical Timberland track.

The album is probably stuff Aaliyah would be doing now if she didn't die, but with better songwirting. That is what makes this stand out from all other Timberland projects. Nelly is a tremendous songwriter. She may be going after Gwen's audience, and she may take it because her album is far more consitant and enjoyable. It's Nelly's party and everyone is invited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home