Basketball, music, sports, politics, movies Rumbling's of Wahday: Prince on American Idol

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Prince on American Idol

So Prince was on AI last night. Supposedly everyone is talking about it like it was the best performance since sliced bread. I just watched it online. For a prince performance, it was absolutely terrible. He was sleepwalking through the whole thing. That's the thing with Prince, People who don't see him perform see him half ass it and it is the greatest thing on the planet, then they never go see him in concert or buy his music. It's absolutely crazy. He half asses everything on TV. In Concert, he has so much energy it is the most ridiculous thing you could see. He Dances, plays guitar, piano, bass, sings and hits on the hottest girl in the front row while entertaining 25,000 people. You have to see it to believe it.

On the show last night he performed Lolita, probably the most radio friendly song on his new album 3121 and Satisfied one of 3 ballads off of 3121. I like both songs. Lolita is a fun track. I don't think he showed on stage how fun it really is. I think in concert he would be running and dancing more on stage. Satisfied is a sultry blues number and I really like the lyrics to the song. As a whole 3121 is a really good album. People should buy it. I feel like I'm rambling, but below are the lyrics to both songs.

Lolita

Ow! Ow!Stop it baby!
U're a VIP, at least 2 me
Come here and show me some ID
I know U're fine from head 2 pumps
If U were mine we'd bump, bump, bump
U're much 2 young 2 peep my stash
U're tryin' 2 write checks your body can't cash
U can't hang with this, girl, look out

Lolita,
U're sweeter
But U'll never make a cheater outta me
Watch out now!

Cool 2gether yes,
I must admitLong time ago we'd be the sh... uh-oh!
Like Frank and Ava, we'd paint the town
Just on the floor, gettin' way down
Dom Perignon and caviar
The finest clothes and fancy cars
Oh, U know, one of them '56 pink Caddies, babyOh, look out!

Lolita,
U're sweeter
But U'll never make a cheater outta meNo U won't,
hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!Come on!
Lolita

Your eyes, your mouth,
your curly hairU're bad, no doubt,
but I must bewareOoh,
U'd get a brotha in trouble girl!Wha...?

Lolita, U're sweeter,
but I won't mislead yaI'll feed ya,
if it'll please ya, but then I'll say, "see ya
"U're fine Mama Mia but U'll never ever, ever...
No U'll never ever, ever...No U'll never make a cheater outta me

Ay ay ay papi, deja de hablar locuras {Hey daddy, stop talking nonsense}No es mi culpa verme tambien Estas celoso? {It's not my fault that I look so good. Are you jealous?}Ah no {Ah, no}Entonces deja el estres y comprame un traje {Then just stop stressing and buy me a drink}

Fellas! (Yeah!)How bad is this girl? (Bad!)Then what U wanna do? (Whatever U want!)Then c'mon let's dance! (Dance!){repeat}
Uh!
Lolita! (Yeah)How bad r U girl? (Bad)Then what U wanna do? (Whatever U want)Then c'mon let's dance! (Dance?)Uh!{repeat}

Imagine me on the tip o' your tongue
If I took a sip, I would be on the run
Hellhounds barkin' 'round my door
I can't sip U once 'less I sip U some more

Lolita!

Satisfied


B4 we get started, r we all alone?
Cuz I'm about 2 get open-hearted
It's time 2 send your company home and turn off your cell phone
Baby, can't U see I just wanna getcha satisfied?

Satisfied

This is gonna be a long night (Long)
A little bit longer afternoon (Afternoon)
Girl if we get this thing right
Ooh, U gonna get satisfied real soon
Baby, can't U see (Can't U see I'm just tryin'?)
That I wanna get U satisfied, oh yeah? (Satisfied)

I ain't talkin' 'bout nothin' physicalCuz 4play starts in the mind (In the mind)
I'm just tryin' 2 get U 2 think about doin' things
That U've always wanted, but could never find
I'm gonna seek this thing like a buried treasure (Seek and destroy)
Like Columbus sailing over the sea
Till I discover baby, the land beyond expertise and chastity
I'm just tryin', tryin', I'm just tryin' 2 get USatisfied (Satisfied, satisfied, satisfied)

I'm sure U had another lover (Another lover)
But let me tell U baby, all tricks asideI can get U out of your body
Have U ever felt like U were dyin'
And felt satisfied?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home